Flourishing at Work
Prof. Ian Rothmann
The general aim of the project is to develop and test multidimensional models of flourishing (which include dimensions of feeling good and functioning well) in different contexts, to investigate possible antecedents, dimensions and outcomes of flourishing, and to develop and evaluate interventions to promote flourishing of people in different contexts. Research has shown that a multidimensional perspective on flourishing of people is crucial, because it allows one to study the interplay between the dimensions. If one does not consider the multidimensional nature of well-being, behaviour that is detrimental to the long-term well-being of individuals might result. The project has the following specific aims:
- To develop and validate multidimensional measures of flourishing applicable to different contexts using representative samples in terms of gender, cultural groups, job levels, income levels, job status levels, qualifications and age groups.
- To study how flourishing in work context and non-work contexts inter-relate, because flourishing at work might spill over to non-work contexts.
- To investigate the role of dispositions in flourishing.
- To evaluate the long-term effects of flourishing in different contexts on individual, social and institutional outcomes (e.g. health, absenteeism, retention, and performance).
- To develop and evaluate intervention programs to promote flourishing in different contexts.
HRM Network of the Netherlands
he HRM Network in The Netherlands works to promote research into workplace psychology and industrial relations.
The Center for Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS) is devoted to energizing and transforming organizations through research on the theory and practice of positive organizing and leadership.
The Scientific Committee Unemployment, Job Insecurity and Health is a network of experts in health and well-being effects of unemployment and job insecurity.
The International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies (ISQOLS) is an international society whose purpose is to promote and encourage research in the field of quality-of-life (QOL) studies.
Prof. Ian Rothmann
Center for Positive Organizations
Positive organisational scholarship
Center for Compassionate Organizations
Fostering cultures of compassion in organizations.
Appreciative Inquiry Commons
Useful information about appreciative inquiry
Center for Investigating Healthy Minds
Compassion and Altruism Research
Center for Values-driven Leadership
Dalai Lama Center for Ethics
Greater Good: A Meaningful Life
The Growth Initiative
Positive Psychology: Melbourne
Creativity and Consciousness
Science of Generosity
Jubilee Centre for Character and Virtues
The Ethics Institute
Building an ethically responsible society
SA Innovation Summit
Platform for nurturing, developing and showcasing South African innovation.